London Calling.

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

London Calling.

Post by Andy Richards »

Very warm,sticky and a little stormy here in London.

Reception on SW was terrible again this weekend,with weak signals and lots of noise.

Besides Radio Gloria Int the only other stations I could really listen to properly were Orion Radio and Laser briefly.

Gloria is an interesting station.This is a station that really is all about the music.Good,wide,selection played with a passion.

Mystery quite strong on 6220 tonight but suffering splatter from Brother Stair on 6175!!(45Khz!!)
Who say's Pirates cause interference?I have heard splatter from Pirates in the past,but never as bad as this!!!!
Who regulates these legal stations?Why have they not done something about Brother Stair's splatter?
He's been doing it for years!If he was a Pirate he would have been raided years ago.........................

Orion Radio had his usual entertaining early morning show,strongest Pirate this morning.

Shadowman was the strongest signal today with his test tonight on 3920.

Friday 26/06/09

4025Khz - 2055-2100 - Laser Hot Hits - 33232 - Barely audible in the noise.Terrible conditions.

Saturday 27/06/09

3945Khz - 2105-2110 - The Bogusman - 32332 - Indie Rock and chat.Poor signal for him.

Sunday 28/06/09

3920Khz - 1835-1840 - Radio Shadowman - 4/54434 - 80's Dance Music,"Beds are Burning".
4025Khz - 0840-0845 - Laser Hot Hits - 34333 - Disco Music.Not audible at all earlier.
5815Khz - 0725-0730 - Orion Radio - 35333 - Michael Jackson - "Billie Jean",Dr.Tim & Borderhunter ads,CCR.
5815Khz - 0845-0850 - Orion Radio - 45333 - "Tina,Tina",Dutch Music,closed after a French Polka for Iann at 0922.
6140Khz - 0900-0905 - Radio Gloria Int - 55444 - Playing Pete Murphy.Closed at 1000.
6220Khz - 0740-0745 - Mystery Radio? - 35232 - "Talking Song".
6220Khz - 1900-1905 - Mystery Radio - 43333 - Italian Song?Splatter from Brother Stair on 6175!
6310Khz - 0950-0955 - UNID - 33333 - Station testing.Played clips of Hard Rock and Dutch Music.
6870Khz - 0735-0740 - Playback Radio Int - 35232 - Jazzy Music.
6870Khz - 1830-1835 - Playback Radio Int - 33232 - "Smokestack Lightning".

Andy Richards.
ukdxer
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by ukdxer »

I looked up to see who relays Br Stair - its the Wertachtal transmitter in Germany (Deutsches Telekom) - one of the biggest relayers on SW.

All I can imagine is he is paying for the full 500kW which is why is splattering all over 49mb. I would have thought half that power would be adequate in the evening - and reduce the splatter.

Conditions not so good this weekend although was a burst of UK stations this evening - Rapido, Telstar, Bogusman, 48 & Underground all logged here. What's happened to Sonnet?
ukdxer
Pirate radio logs and news at: www.shortwavedx.blogspot.com
Radio links, QSLs & more at: www.freewebs.com/ukdxer
Pirate recordings from the past: http://piratememories.blogspot.com/
rossrevenge
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

bogusman signal

Post by rossrevenge »

hi andy, bogusman signal from the woods, its not the big rig, which can put out up to 1kw..!!. his tx is switched on from friday evening till monday. output is about 20 watts... :D
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Andy,

thanks for the report, much appreciated. Next weekend we have the summermeeting; hope to be up so early, otherwise my German guest will be Radio Tina ;)
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

UKDXer said;

I looked up to see who relays Br Stair - its the Wertachtal transmitter in Germany (Deutsches Telekom) - one of the biggest relayers on SW.

All I can imagine is he is paying for the full 500kW which is why is splattering all over 49mb. I would have thought half that power would be adequate in the evening - and reduce the splatter.

Reply;

I agree.But even on full power,why all the splatter?
These are supposed to be proper broadcasters!How can they splatter more than the "Terrible Pirates" that cause so much
interference?What a joke!

RossRevenge said;
hi andy, bogusman signal from the woods, its not the big rig, which can put out up to 1kw..!!. his tx is switched on from friday evening till monday. output is about 20 watts...

Reply;

Bogusman did OK for 20 watts and poor conditions.
I'm amazed at your revelation about his big rig though......................

John of Orion Radio said;
Hello Andy,

thanks for the report, much appreciated. Next weekend we have the summermeeting; hope to be up so early, otherwise my German guest will be Radio Tina.

Reply;

Hi John,

Can you tell us of any plans for next weekend or not?

Andy Richards.
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Andy,

Any plans for next weekend? About the summermeeting I don't know, Frans always surprise us ;)

R. Tina and Me we will be on air several times, guess the friday evening in 76mb, and sunday several times.
iann1971
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by iann1971 »

JoJo wrote:Hello Andy,
R. Tina and Me we will be on air several times, guess the friday evening in 76mb, and sunday several times.
That's a good news !
Iann 14ZK234 (North France)
http://www.easyshopdiscountzone.com/rad ... e/english/
Icom IC-R72 - Eton E10
10 m long wire - Degen 31MS active antenna for MW
Ray Lalleu
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Ray Lalleu »

Hi, Andy and UKdxer,

About splatter from Brother Stair,

maybe Wertachtal is not the culprit :

Br. Stair is also relayed from other stations,

maybe Moldova with 300 kW on a nearer frequency ?

Ray
Ray
Foton
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Foton »

Hi,

I've studied EIBI and AOKI list and there is only one transmission of Brother Stair at that time on this range of band. But there are some differences in transmission's time between mentioned lists.
EIBI 19-20 and AOKI 20-21. AOKI list usually is more accurate. I do not know if B.Stair also was on air after 20. If yes, 19-20 might be "additional" time, maybe stronger than scheduled. Nominal power should be 100kW directed to 300 degrees. This direction can explains why signal was so strong in UK.
But it is not possible to explain splattering. I suppose German TX facility is high tech construction. I read somewhere that quality B.Stair recordings sometimes are poor [technical quality], but I do not believe it could be a reason of splattering.
From the other side such splattering is nothing new for me. I suffer a lot from Egyptian TX in Abis (6290, 6860 9990). But in this case voice is clearly not proper, so it is nothing strange it causes splattering.
It is not OK that various agencies trace, hunt and raid small pirate stations and in same time hundreds of kilowatts make mess on quarter of shortwave band...

EDIT: in case of 6175 EIBI gives correct data. Today transmission was audible 19-20. Fortunately, here, Brother S. does not make any problems - signal is not strong (JJ today was better audible than Brother) so Overcomer Ministry sounds like typical station.
By the way, I've read about. B.Stair - very strange, controversial person. It is possibility that his troubles with the law can silenced slightly AM/SW bands in the future.
And another interesting issue: Some years ago [80s?] B.Stair made a deal with pirate radio operator Alan Weiner to transmit on his ship. But before ship leaved harbour in Charleston FCC raided him [after test transmissions].
Michal

Antenna: Inverted V dipoles (2x11m and 2x17m)