Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

:?: 76-m.b. now starting to fade in. Nice carrier on 3935.4, probably same station reported on other forums earlier. Anyone have any idea who this is?

Alex

Lost signal about 0006.
Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Pirates??

Post by Dave Valko »

I was surprised to see your Pittsburgh Pirates logo in your post!! Are you a Pirates (Baseball) fan??

I did catch the end of an announcement on 3935.4 at least talking about the song but I think I was too late to hear the ID.

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

:ahowy: Born and raised in Midland, PA, which is the last town on the Ohio River in Pennsylvania, right where PA, Ohio, and West Virgina come together. Now live probably only a couple hours south of you across the Shenandoah River from Harpers Ferry (actually a little closer to Charles Town, WV). The Shenandoah meets the Potomac at Harpers Ferry, and that's where the states of WV, Maryland, and Virginia come together. Guess I like to stay where 3 states come together, hi hi! :wink: Still try to be a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball fan, but I bleed black-and-gold for the Pittsburgh Steelers football team!

:?: Wonder who that station was? Few other listeners in Europe heard it, but haven't seen where anyone got an ID. :?: Cheers!

Alex
Jan II
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jan II »

Hello gentlemen!

I listened to this station around 2145-2213 and no announcements during this period. Queen, Meat Loaf...

Take a look at www.am-forum.nl under "Ontvangstrapporten". Around 2000 UTC Radio Montoya was on the frequency and planned to stay on air for some hours.
This is a new station for me and it doesn´t seem to have any mailaddress, but is connected with Zanussie in some way.

I have a report waiting on the table for this station, so if somebody finds a way to reach Montoya (or who ever this is), I am very interested...

:beerparty:

Jan
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

:?: Maybe back on right now?
iann1971
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by iann1971 »

Hello,

I receive it too 53333 at 18H51 UTC, I can not catch the identification.

Greetings.
Iann 14ZK234 (North France)
http://www.easyshopdiscountzone.com/rad ... e/english/
Icom IC-R72 - Eton E10
10 m long wire - Degen 31MS active antenna for MW
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

:?: I wonder if this is the exact same one that was on last weekend on almost the exact same frequency? ( I heard a liitle bit on 3935.4 kHz.) It has been reported as a "Radio Montoya." Hasn't Spaceman also been reported on this frequency with good signals?

Alex
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Indeed it must be Montaya, but modulation not so clear. Also hear station on 3900kc, Radio Tina and Radio Supersound; Germany?
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

:ahowy: Hi, John!
Hope you got reception report for ORN I sent "snail-mail" 22 July. Just got nice QSL from WR International from same day with only 35-watts. Very nice QSL's from my friends in Europe recently! :beerparty:

I got to hear a little bit of station on 3935.4 last week. Wonder if this is same station, and if anybody knows how to contact Radio Montoya if that is who it was?
Hope they will stay on later--76 meterband really doesn't start to fade in here until just about dark, now just after 0015 UTC. 48-meterband has been coming in well, though, as early as 2230 UTC (1830 here in eastern U.S.A.) with some very nice signals, especially from my friends in Netherlands, like V.O.T.N. and Delta Radio recently. I hope some more of my friends in Europe can use 48-m.b. as late as 2230 UTC--even later would be better. Reception has been unbelievably good from European pirates lately on 48-meters, even though midsummer is usually the worst part of the year (especially with the static crashes)! Until later (time to run to the refrigerator for another "brown bottle" :wink: ), Cheers to all!

Alex
"from the mountains of West Virginia"
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Alex,

Last weekend there was no post at the po box, but will look nexr week, after work. Of course I will send some replay.

Yes a lot on air in 76mb right now.

cheers, john
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

Bad problems with "snail-mail" here, even though you would think for such a modern country U.S. would have best postal system. Verry-angry::

I know there have been reports I sent that were definitely not received by stations, and letters that were definitely sent to me that I did not get. They just diasappeared into thin air, I guess! :?: Let me know if you did not receive and I will send another one. I have very nice postcards of this very scenic and historic area that I always send with reception reports, and also of course return postage.

If you get identification of this station on 3935.5, let us know. I won't be able to hear it on my radio for at least 4 more hours on 76-m.b., although only 2 more hours or so for 48-m.b. to start coming in. Cheers!

Alex
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

Anybody have an ID yet?
achim
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by achim »

Catched announcement but no real ID understandable:

http://www.achimbrueckner.de/freeradio/ ... ontoya.mp3

73 achim
--
RX: NRD 525 GF ANT: ARA 30
QTH: Detmold 5156 N 852 E
http://www.freeradio.de
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

I cannot make it out as well, but I do not speak Dutch, as it seems that is the language. Maybe some of our friends who understand Dutch can understand what he is saying? :?:
Also, I like the "Free Radio Desaster" and keep it in my Favorites, Achim!
Very nice information. :thumpup:

Alex
"from the mountains of West Virginia"
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Hello avranesjr,

I receive Radio MONTOYA then 9 August 2008 of 3935,5 Khz strong signal in NorthEast France.

Radio Montoya have not contact address this moment, not eMail.

Cheers

FPD
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/