Cologne calling

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Axel
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Cologne calling

Post by Axel »

Hello,

very poor propagation again up to 1000km.

Sat
21:58 3932 25442 SW-Pirate, 22:17: time to say good bye, cd at 22:21
21:54 3905 55444 Borderhunter, good to hear you

Sun
08:40 6325 O=1
08:42 6220 35443 UNID in French with talk about Radio Caroline
10:04 6254 25332 BRI? partly 34333, nice to hear
17:45 4032 25332 Laser

that´s all for this weekend

Hello ukdxer,
Thank you for the answer. You wrote:

"Have you thought of trying a DX tuner and then you could listen to free radio from other countries? I know Achim uses a DX tuner in the UK and listens to many stations he can not hear in Germany."

Well, I think listen to Free Radio via your own receiver or via a DX tuner is the same like having sex or talking about. But that is only my opinion.

Greetings

Axel
Borderhunter
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Borderhunter »

Hi Axel,

Thanks for your log. Nice to know you did listening too.
Propagation is for a long time very bad for the last months.
Specialy on Sunday its hard to copy a station.
But please stay tuned. Its not fun for you as listener but its a hard job for a station to come on air with all the risk for a raid.
Every weekend there are enough stations on the band, they don't give up and tryed again. And they are glad to receive reports from people like you. Even a bad report is OK. Knowing there are people who try to copy us is enough to fire up the transmitter. We all hope that propagation will change, but summertime makes it not easyer. We are now in a low level for the coming up sunspot. Every weekend we come closer by the new cycles of time that you can receive us all again even by just looking to you receiver. Too enjoy that time you must first know what bad propagation is. I think we all know now what that means. Its time for the good time, and that's only a moment of time. I agree, this time it
seems to be a very long moment.
Hope to meet you at the Summermeeting too. Then we can talk longer about good or bad propagation.
Frans.
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello axel,
Well, I think listen to Free Radio via your own receiver or via a DX tuner is the same like having sex or talking about. But that is only my opinion.
Well to tell you the truth I like both, but if you are listening for station to get a qsl card of course this should be on your own radio, but if you just wants to listen who or what is on that why not using a webreceiver. If somebody like to listen to shortwave and or pirates and the conditions are bad that he could here some on the webreceiver in a other Country; why not.