R. Maple Leaf from Canada on 6925

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

R. Maple Leaf from Canada on 6925

Post by avranesjr »

:D *2255 heard Canadian National Anthem, 2300 now playing nice old time swing music, on 6925.0 USB. Varying S-5 to S-7 with some fading, but not too much QRN this evening. Usually puts in a good signal here after dark, so might be worth trying to hear in Europe, especially Ireland and United Kingdom. ID's as the External Service of Maple Leaf Radio, and gives e-mail as Radio dot MapleLeaf at gmail dot com. Good luck!
Glowbug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Glowbug »

:shock:

So much for my broadcasts announcing "Canada's ONLY true pirate radio station"! :Aarg::
Glowbug
"Tubes are the spice of life"
(Unless specifically stated, my posts are my opinion and not as an Admin)
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Hello in all,

I have already heard him here in France as WTCR who was for me the best signal received from the USA at the moment (audio in the date of April 17, 07) Maple leaf was much weaker and I forgot to record him.

I find that the Pirate US is not all nice and for the moment I do not listen them any more as long as the QSL will not be brought in. For us in Europe it is very late at night and so in any more I do not receive the QSL for my work I prefer to go to bed.

Marcel/France
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

Bon jour, Marcel! I think I know how you feel, but there is one thing to remember: these pirates are not full-time professional broadcasters. Most of them have full-time jobs, and most probably have families, so sending out QSL's is something they do when time permits, and they might not have that much spare time, especially if they are putting their shows on the air. There are a few U.S. pirates that I haven't received QSL's from yet, but most of these are ones that I have either posted a log on the FRN, or sent e-mail report as they do not use one of the mail drops. Most pirates that use one of the drops require a written report with return postage included, as postage is getting very expensive here in the U.S. (the rate is going up again in 2 weeks), especially in sending out dozens and dozens of QSL's, and most especially to listeners in other countries. I have seen your postings on FRN; but if you didn't send a written report if they announced a mailing address during their broadcasts, just posting a log on the FRN probably will not get you a QSL reply. I have actually had very good luck with sending reports to North American pirates to the different mail drops, such as Belfast, NY, and Merlin, Ontario, Canada. I just got my WTCR QSL, just 12 days after sending a report to the Belfast, NY maildrop! And just for posting a report on the FRN, I received after a few months a QSL-clock from Captain Morgan. The verification information is on the face of the clock! There are some that I haven't received a QSL from after 4 to 8 months after reporting, but a few have sent me an e-mail to tell me that they send out QSL's only a few times a year, and that I will get one when the next batch goes out. Most North American pirates also send out CD's of the show that you reported, and some send out CD's of several shows. I have gotten these nice CD's from WDDR, Undercover Radio, Grasscutter/Sunshine Radio. Altered States Radio, and Northwoods Radio, to name just a few. Most will send out very nice QSL packages if you send them a report with sufficient return postage.
And even if I don't get a QSL from some, the shows can be very much fun to listen to, as I remember they do not risk getting into trouble with the authorities just to send out QSL's, they do it because they have soemthing that they want to broadcast. I am sorry you haven't had much luck in getting QSL's from North American pirates yet, but I hope you will be patient, as I am sure there are some that will get to you soon. And remember to send a written report with return postage if they announce a mailing address to send reports to on the show, as I also have not had much luck in just posting a log on the FRN and asking them to send a QSL. As a matter of fact, I do not post anything on the FRN anymore. Good luck in sending out those reports, Marcel, and keep listening!
:pirate-great:

Alex