5 more QSL's Received (+ a few comments on pirate programs!)

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

irish_dx
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

5 more QSL's Received (+ a few comments on pirate programs!)

Post by irish_dx »

A few more QSL's

RADIO SPACEMAN 6292 kHz

Full Data 'Alien' card in two weeks with Info. sheet and letter from Spacelady for one IRC. 1kW TX!!

RADIO BLACKBIRD 6300 kHz

Full Data colour QSL card in two weeks with Radio Blackbird business card from the 'Happy Polka Station' for an emailed reception report. R&S SK - 010 TX

MAGIC AM 6210 kHz

Full Data yellow QSL card in two weeks with five stickers for one IRC. TX is 100 watts

LASER HOT HITS 4025 kHz

Full Data QSL card in three weeks with another 17 (!) items of promotional material for an email report. 50 watt TX on 4 MHz.

RADIO BLACK ARROW 6283 kHz

Full Data QSL card with drawing of a female archer in two weeks signed by Alex who wrote that the TX is "20 watts in to an inverted V with open line" for an emailed reception report.

Of the Dutch stations I heard MAGIC AM was one of the most enjoyable from my point of view as they put effort in to making actual programs. When I mentioned this to the station in my reception report they replied that "there are a lot of music - programs on SW which sound like MW.... (we've) had long talks with some people about that in the past, if people want to hear only music they will probably try FM quality and not listen to SW"

It goes without saying I appreciate the effort stations make to put transmitters on air at great financial risk in some cases. But for the listener its not much fun to listen to 20 minutes (or sometimes longer) of continuous music with maybe one or two half hearted announcements.

Many thanks to these stations above for taking the time to verify this listeners reports.
Greatly appreciated and nice additions to a collection of pirate QSLs that first started in 1986 with a QSL from Radio Rainbow International