Pirate Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 28 February 2010

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Pirate Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 28 February 2010

Post by Dave Valko »

Conditions seemed poor when I got up, so I decided not to go up to the remote site. There was just a weak inaudible signal from LHH 4025. R. Amica wasn’t that strong and only had a bit of audio. 6220 was clear with no sign of Mystery R. (no Cuba either). Also, we got hit with another snowstorm dumping over a 30 cm from Thursday onward. I was pretty stiff and sore from shoveling snow. So I wasn’t in any condition to have to deal with an emergency, much less trudge through waist deep snow in the dark woods in the middle of the night. I did record on the Perseus and was able to hear quite a few stations. Here's what was heard/recorded:

5799.7v Free R. Service Holland On at 0851:28. Rock mx at 0852. 0856 “Close Encountersâ€

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
Ray Lalleu
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

UNID 6925usb at 08.50 UTC 28 feb.

Post by Ray Lalleu »

Hello Dave,

OK for the snow, but conditions were very good over the ocean (see JonM reports). Very good the other way too :

I have an UNID station on 6925usb at 8.50 UTC with an e-mail addres by M and W, I just could not copy it (not recorded), last song by Lee Dorsey and end (other voice heard, probably something else).

No report on FRN (wee hours in USA).
Ray
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Dave, thanks for the log and comment, also for the email you send last week ;)
bart
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by bart »

Hello Dave thank You for the logs and also for the Paardenkracht
Idon,t no who is the another station on the 6300 khz later this day the Paardenracht on 6325 khz
Greetings Bart