Logs from Newfoundland, Sept. 21-27

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

newfoundland dxer
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Logs from Newfoundland, Sept. 21-27

Post by newfoundland dxer »

Hi everyone:

It was an interesting week. The weeknights were fairly quiet (Wednesday and Friday in particular) but Saturday was an extremely active night. Several stations stayed on very late, so it was quite an enjoyable night. It was great to hear Borderhunter with the usual strong signal, and Marconi also had quite a nice birthday show, which was well heard here (and elsewhere in North America).

Perhaps the best news of the week is my first decent morning reception for this dx season. I heard a clear ID from Atlantic Radio this morning, a little after local sunrise. Winter conditions are coming, and I am looking forward to trying Sunday mornings again!

One very unique log this week is the first one (CoolAM Radio via Outhouse Radio). It was great to hear a transatlantic relay. Thanks Outhouse, and I hope to hear more of these.

A new name in my logs this week is Radio White Giant (Witte Reus), heard with a brief voice test on Thursday. It was just a few words heard very weakly, not enough for a proper reception, but I hope we will hear more from the Giant soon.

Another new name in my logs, but perhaps not a new station, is Gloria Radio Int., heard Saturday on 6420. According to email from the “otherâ€
Caroline
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Caroline »

Hi Terry,
lot of thanks for your log of us at 24-09-2010 on 6290,4kcs!!!
It was a association programme of Radio Rainbow International and
Radio Caroline International, transmitted by us.

Best wishes,
Radio Caroline International.
:ahowy:
DUFFY
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Re: Logs from Newfoundland, Sept. 21-27

Post by DUFFY »

Hey Thanks TERRY
i relay almost anything :!: :wink:

:arrow: One very unique log this week is the first one (CoolAM Radio via Outhouse Radio). It was great to hear a transatlantic relay. Thanks Outhouse, and I hope to hear more of these.

Tuesday, Sept. 21
6931,3 . . 0000-0045 . CoolAM Radio via Outhouse Radio (US), “Mama Told Me Not To Comeâ€