Pirate Loggings from Dunlo, PA, USA 11 Oct 2009

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Pirate Loggings from Dunlo, PA, USA 11 Oct 2009

Post by Dave Valko »

The cooler weather has arrived here and its time to start listening for Pirates again!! I bought a Perseus SDR a month ago in the hopes of being able to use it on micro-DXpeditions at the remote site here. Primarily to record the entire 48mb so as not to miss a broadcast!! (Indeed it already paid off this morning as I was able to go back and tune Dutchwing since I missed him live!!) So I had to get a new laptop (the old one wouldn't handle the large data rate) with large battery, and build a power supply (a Velleman kit) to power the Perseus. I had to try out 3 computers before I found the least noisy one?? The first was a Toshiba Satellite followed by an HP Pavilion. When I passed a little Grundig portable over all the display models in the store, all were noisy. The least noisy model was an Asus, believe it or not. Anyway, here is the first Sunday report for this season. The first of many hopefully.

15070.482 Cupid R. *1331:30 signal on on 15070.472 and song "Whats Going On" (I think) abt a half minute late. Long f/out for abt half an hour, then end of anmnt at 1402. 1409 "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. Stabilized on 5070.572 by 1445 w/anmnt weakly. 1454 "Surrender" by Jon Anderson, and nice peak 1455, followed by "Eyes Without a Face" by Billy Idol. Readable jingle ID "powerful force" at 1539:50 followed by live e-mail anmnt. Another anmnt at 1551 w/ID and ment of USA, and tlk abt last weeks xmsn, then cont. Supertramp song. 1555 into "Bad Moon Rising" by CCR. 1602 "Walkin on Sunshine". 1618 nice ID, ment of US and Canada. Came up just enough at 1631 to hear "...until next time, bye bye...", more instru. mx, and another anmnt 1635. One more ID and off at 1636:33*. Very fady signal, mostly difficult, but also some nice 100% readable peaks. A lot of clicking pop noise. (4 Oct.)

6210 R. Borderhunter 2215 variety of mx and hrd a few anmnts but was concentrating on setting up the Perseus and recorder. C&W song at 2233. Dire Straites at 2239. Anmnt at 2244 w/ID and freq, “good eveningâ€

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

thanks Dave for the log ;)