6925, 29 July

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Jan II
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

6925, 29 July

Post by Jan II »

Yesss!

A US-station popped in here at my place last night, 29 July. For the first time.
Had to throw out the cat last night and got the excellent idea of swiching on the receiver around 0100 (0400 local time). Checking those usual US-frequencies but nothing. Decided to park on 6925USB and just wait. Result:

0133 suddenly some crazy programme came in. Short announcements and pieces of music. The station signed off 0136.

0200 Kaboom. A strong station signing on with "Maneater". ID at 0209 and 0214, Spider Radio from Greece dominating the frequency after this.

Tonight I looked at the FRN logpages, and this station was heard in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina... The station was heard in USA with the same programme again around 0220. The programme is also identified as an old EP-record from the 50's. Some kind of weird UFO-fantasy. On FRN there is also a link to Youtube where this programme can be heard. No stationname mentioned yet.

I recorded what I heard but as there was no station-ID, I probably have to leave the station. Not much use of my 15421 recording when I can hear the same on internet with 55555...

Nice experience anyway. I hope this opens the route to Northamerica now!

:beerparty:

Jan
Glowbug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Glowbug »

Congratulations!

There were some really good conditions yesterday :D

Cheers!
Glowbug
"Tubes are the spice of life"
(Unless specifically stated, my posts are my opinion and not as an Admin)