Pirate Report from Dunlo, PA, USA 25 October 2009

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Pirate Report from Dunlo, PA, USA 25 October 2009

Post by Dave Valko »

23 OCTOBER 2009: Was looking forward to this Pirate micro-DXpedition all week as I was optimistically expecting an improvement in signal strength and noise reduction with the addition of a filter USB extension and preamp in the Perseus SDR setup. Unfortunately, conditions were disturbed and levels were way down. In fact I thought there was a serious connection problem somewhere or Guy Atkins Wellbrook preamp that he loaned me wasn’t working properly. I changed over to the NRD and back several times just to verify. What had me worried was that I was getting stronger signals on the NRD than with the Perseus with preamp. I figured with the preamp that they would be equal or close. I finally gave up just after 0900. Everything was working fine when I checked back at home. So I guess it was the conditions. At least the weather was OK. Better than the snow last weekend.

RX: Microtelecom Perseus SDR, JRC NRD-535D
ANT: 315' at 50° Beverage (BOG)
QTH: Pennsylvania State Game Lands #26
Duration: 0705-0905 UTC
Solar Indices: Solar Flux = 76 A Index = 5 K Index = 1
WX: Cloudy. Cool, around 40° (5° C.)

6205 R. Borderhunter OC at 0801, and still no audio by 0807. Dance mx at 0815. Weak. Quick ID at 0816. More mx, then anmnts again. 0834 anmnts and “Funkytownâ€

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
Altrex
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Altrex »

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your logs..!!
Hope you can copy Altrex better the comming weeks..

73's Radio Altrex
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Dave,

thanks for the log, much appreciated. Well Hope to be copied next week too, with the new stuff ;)

Happy dx-ing :!: