London Calling.

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

London Calling.

Post by Andy Richards »

Poor reception in London again.I'm getting fed up of saying it!

But still we had some moments.

Saturday Night was OK.Not busy,but Laser and Mystery were coming in well.
Sunday morning was terrible.With Orion & Playback off the air there was nothing for us early morning people.Borderhunter came through very briefly,but I only heard Frans for about 10 minutes.It is interesting.When conditions are good,Borderhunter's signal here is up there with
Spaceman,Boomerang,Shadowman and Scotland.Yet when they are poor he struggles to be heard with me.
Must be to do with distance.Too close?
What about Fantasy Radio then?Does anyone have ANY info at all on this station?
Irish presenter.But they could be from anywhere.Running some power though.........huge signal!!
But mod needs attention.Problem might be in the studio,sounded like a USB mic to me,maybe going through a computer.

Lastly,I have to give praise to the website of Iann from France.
It's a nice and interesting website on it's own but has the addition of,what in Pirate circles,has been named "The Chat".Most of you reading this are probably familiar with it but for those of you that are not;
This is a very basic "Chat" forum,not even as nice as MSN Messenger.But it has a couple of huge advantages over MSN Messenger.Firstly,it is available to all.Just go to the website and follow it.Secondly,anyone can join in and the info they give can be very useful.
In the past I have looked at this site and read who was being heard,usually stations I couldn't hear!
But last night I read that Barones were on 1512 and Fantasy on 5780.Two frequencies that I would normaly never check and heard some great radio.
So,thank you Iann for a great website and for bringing us "The Chat"!!!

Iann's website is at;
http://www.easyshopdiscountzone.com/radio/pirate/

And is also available at Dr.Tim's website at;
http://www.freeradio.de/drtim/wordpress/

Saturday 09/05/09

4025Khz - 1855-1900 - Laser Hot Hits - 45434 - Soul Music.At 2000;Stuart Ross with Dance Music.Martin Scott next.
6220Khz - 2105-2110 - Mystery Radio - 44433 - Chris Ise - Live.Playing a mixture of Music.

Sunday 10/05/09

5780Khz - 2155-2200 - Fantasy Radio - 55444 - Irish.Rock and Pop Music.
5780Khz - 2240-2245 - Fantasy Radio - 55444 - Fleetwood Mac - "Don't Stop",Stretch - "Why did you do it?".
5815Khz - 0958-1003 - SW Cowboys - 25332 - George Michael - "Careless Whisper".
6210Khz - 0820-0825 - Radio Borderhunter - 35333 - Al Stewart - "On the Border".Mother's Day in NL today.
6220Khz - 0755-0800 - Mystery Radio - 33333 - Abba - "Waterloo".
6220Khz - 1745-1750 - Mystery Radio - 44333 - Disco,Pop song(Gilbert O'Sullivan?).

Andy Richards.

andyrichardz@msn.com
Borderhunter
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Borderhunter »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your log.
And yes, Im too close by for you.
My signal skipt over and falls 200 miles farder away in the water. :lol: