Tent WMR on 3910kHz

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Tent WMR on 3910kHz

Post by Guest »

Not much listening for me this weekend but today I took a tour wiht the family quite outside my QTH into the woods and woow how good it was to be away the city RNF ! It was neralt quite and some station did appear who would do have done it at my home QTH. I was very surprised to catch a station on 3910kHz at this distance and at this hour. It was not strong but audible...some fades, sometimes a bit long, but still there. I suppose it was WMR as it was in English and talking about radio issues. At the same time I did not hear anything on 6400! Also the fact that I was using a very simple antenna, only about 3 meters of wire, and also the modest receiver the Sony ICF-SW7600GR in contrast to my home QTH with dipole and an NRD as receiver.... When I turned home I tried there too but nothing only much noise.... Also noted R.Atlantis on 6310 and a station on 6280, and one on 6220. But here an audio clip of 3910kHz :

27th of May

3910 kHz 12.38 UTC Tent WMR

www.radiopirana.com/audio/tent_WMR.mp3

if anyone can confirm it should be nice!

Jorge

Post by Guest »

I have confirmed that it was WMR on 3910kHz I heard, as I have compared it with the stream audio at wmrscotland.com

Jorge
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

WMR were doing their first live show for seven years last night, cracking stuff. The same propgram was also going out on 6400 khz, although that transmission seemed to cut out at around 12:30 am BST.