European Free Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 4 Feb. 2007

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

European Free Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 4 Feb. 2007

Post by Dave Valko »

Not much to report this time. Despite the conditions looking really favorable Saturday evening, the trans-Atlantic SW conditions turned out to be really horrible on Sunday morning. Not one station was heard. It was very noisy also as it usually gets when its bitterly cold outside. We had a temperature of -18 C. with 20 mph winds. So of course I didn't go out to the remote site to listen!!

6220 Mystery R. Hrd around 2200 w/what sounded like a pgm by Chris Ise. Great S-9 signal. (3 Feb.)

5725.06 Just an extremely weak carrier at 0755. Not hrd earlier though, so don't know if it was Orion R. or not. (4 Feb.)

No sign of Mystery R. while I was listening from 0700-0810. (4 Feb.)

15069.95 R. Black Arrow Was running 20 watts. Hrd at 1420 with a little audio, then he shut down to change antennas. Came back on at 1431 but could only get an extremely weak carrier. Fading up just a bit w/mx at 1437, and recognized Alex voice in announcement at 1440. Mx almost readable at 1449. Brief anmnt at 1508 mentioned "...closing down later...". Getting what sounded like some Dance mx at 1513 when Alex was testing with 5 watts. Announcement again at 1517 when he cut the power back to 1 watt. Very brief anmnt at 1519 still at 1 watt I believe. Then he cut the power back to 500 mw a minute later and I could hear the whistling mx (almost Irish sounding)!!! George Maroti had a better signal w/his 19 mb Dipole. Increased power back up to 2 watts at 1528 just before closing down. Guess I'll have to take down the Eavesdropper and put up a 19 mb Dipole!!! (4 Feb.)

If not for R. Black Arrow, I wouldn't have sent in a report. Hopefully the propagation and weather conditions will improve for next weekend.

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello dave,

thanks for the logs. Indeed 5725kc was Orion Radio.