European Free Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 21 Jan. 2007

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

European Free Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 21 Jan. 2007

Post by Dave Valko »

I've been feeling sick with another (or maybe the same one as December!!) cold this week, propagation conditions didn't seem that good, and the weather was cold (around -11 C), so I decided to just stay home and give a casual listen. Only scanned the band for about an hour from 0720-0820 UTC. I was disappointed with the level of local noise. Last Fall when I put up the T2FD and Windom, the noise wasn't nearly as bad. There are many different sources as well. Anyway, I was able to hear a couple signals.

6219.95 Mystery R. was fairly weak but readable from 0720. (21 Jan.)

5725 Orion R. 0749 a definite carrier here and also some mx w/what could have been a Polka. A ton of local noise but the freq is clear. Would've been much easier at the State Game Lands. (21 Jan.)

6300 Delta R.?? R. Scirocco?? Carrier at 0758 and found mx on at 0806 return. Almost at threshold readability. Getting some CW and UTE QRM too. Like Orion, there was too much local noise. Sounded best on the Hammarlund HQ-129X. (21 Jan.)

A short report this time. Hopefully I'll be feeling better and the propagation and weather will improve for next weekend.

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Dave,

thanks for the logs and quick healing!