20th Jan 07 - Greece on 75mb!

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

20th Jan 07 - Greece on 75mb!

Post by Guest »

Hi folks,

yesterday night (sat 20th Jan 07) brought Greece on 75 mb here in north-western Italy. I have to say it was almost pleasant to see someone in that country trying to put up a transmission serving also "the external", as opposite to the greek pirates on MW, being aimed mainly to their homeland.

The problem, however, was those operators probably didn't realize the band was already in use, so their signal struggled with the station already broadcasting (but it could be also vice-versa, since I wasn't there from the beginning and I don't know who started first...).

Anyways, at 23.23 GMT, on 3925, I heard Radio Universe mentioning, in english, he was broadcasting from the Olympic Stadium in Athens, "well... just outside it".

At 23.25 GMT, the Greek signal got under by the other broadcaster (that sadly I didn't identified successfully), who was sending out a Mark Knopfler song, followed by the "Fanfare for the common man" theme, and by an 80's pop song.

At 23.29 GMT you could clearly recognize "This is Radio Universe", followed by some speaking in greek.

AT 23.32 GMT I had "Radio Roger back to the microphone". I don't know (but it's probably that way) if there was a team of greek pirates grouping for this broadcast.

Later I heard someone mentioning "the signal is getting to England", following a listener SMS, but I have to say it was more in a dutch accent, so I think it was the other broadcaster.

Sinpo for the Greek station, at its peak, was 34434.

Station, as always, Degen DE 1103, used with its wire (internal). However, it's in its last days of exercice, as I bought an SDR!

Anyone able to provide contact info (or a link!) to the greek pirates will be very helpful.

Ciao,
Chris
Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Greece on 75 meters

Post by Dave Valko »

Chris, if you have a recording of R. Universe, could you send me a copy as an MP3 file, please?? I'd like to hear it. And if you find out how to contact them, maybe we could persuade them to come on the higher bands more often. Thanks.

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
RadioRamona
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by RadioRamona »

last night westcoast radio here from the netherlands was on air also on 3925.
Goran
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Greeks on 76 m

Post by Goran »

Hello.

I think it's very nice that some of the greek stations are operating/starting to use these bands, and maybe the 48 m band aswell.

I would really like to hear Radio Universe, due to the reason that I was in Athens this summer and did visit the Olympic Stadion.

So if you read this Radio Universe - could you please send me info when you will be on air again.

All the best from Göran in Sweden
westcoast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 20th Jan 07 - Greece on 75mb!

Post by westcoast »

Radio Sniper73 wrote:Hi folks,

yesterday night (sat 20th Jan 07) brought Greece on 75 mb here in north-western Italy. I have to say it was almost pleasant to see someone in that country trying to put up a transmission serving also "the external", as opposite to the greek pirates on MW, being aimed mainly to their homeland.

The problem, however, was those operators probably didn't realize the band was already in use, so their signal struggled with the station already broadcasting (but it could be also vice-versa, since I wasn't there from the beginning and I don't know who started first...).

Anyways, at 23.23 GMT, on 3925, I heard Radio Universe mentioning, in english, he was broadcasting from the Olympic Stadium in Athens, "well... just outside it".

At 23.25 GMT, the Greek signal got under by the other broadcaster (that sadly I didn't identified successfully), who was sending out a Mark Knopfler song, followed by the "Fanfare for the common man" theme, and by an 80's pop song.

At 23.29 GMT you could clearly recognize "This is Radio Universe", followed by some speaking in greek.

AT 23.32 GMT I had "Radio Roger back to the microphone". I don't know (but it's probably that way) if there was a team of greek pirates grouping for this broadcast.

Later I heard someone mentioning "the signal is getting to England", following a listener SMS, but I have to say it was more in a dutch accent, so I think it was the other broadcaster.

Sinpo for the Greek station, at its peak, was 34434.

Station, as always, Degen DE 1103, used with its wire (internal). However, it's in its last days of exercice, as I bought an SDR!

Anyone able to provide contact info (or a link!) to the greek pirates will be very helpful.

Ciao,
Chris
The ,,other,, was Me Westcoast Radio , i thought the channel was free,
but it wasn,t or we switch on together :oops:
i like free radio, not rules

Re: 20th Jan 07 - Greece on 75mb!

Post by Guest »

Hi,

The ,,other,, was Me Westcoast Radio , i thought the channel was free,
but it wasn,t or we switch on together

I wasn't intending to criminalize you. It's quite sure you weren't able to hear them (it seems they started before), otherwise I'm sure you wouldn't have used that frequency.

Things of this kind can occur, when the ionosphere plays with waves. I heard Radio Universe and also Dr. Tim logged it in his weekly log- before the start of your transmission - but with a very low Sinpo. I don't think they made it anywhere northern than Germany.

You had no chance to hear them!

Ciao,
Chris