Now testing 7373 from south Europe

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Radio Latino

Now testing 7373 from south Europe

Post by Radio Latino »

I Know is a crazy frequency !
50watts and a dipole antenna. 60's music, some jngles, no annoucements. For 2-3 ours starting now
Please report here if received. Thanks and happy new year to all radio lovers !

Radio Latino
Oscar
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Radio Latino

Post by Oscar »

In fact the frequency seems pretty clear at the moment. I am sorry but I can not confirm reception at this time (16.20 GMT) here in SE England. Do you know your exact frequency? I can detect a weak carrier on 7372.6 kHz approx but not strong enough to hear any mod. Could this be you? Maybe later when the skip goes a bit longer and if the channel remains clear I would be able to hear something. Good luck and Happy New Year.
Radio Latino

Re: Radio Latino

Post by Radio Latino »

Oscar wrote:In fact the frequency seems pretty clear at the moment. I am sorry but I can not confirm reception at this time (16.20 GMT) here in SE England. Do you know your exact frequency? I can detect a weak carrier on 7372.6 kHz approx but not strong enough to hear any mod. Could this be you? Maybe later when the skip goes a bit longer and if the channel remains clear I would be able to hear something. Good luck and Happy New Year.
Thanks for reply, the frequency is quite noisy here in south Europe, with nearby stations at 8-9 khz...frequency is 7373, audio is quite loud, but maybe propagation is low. In next days, if not too cold as today, I'll set up a dipole for a clear frequency around 9.990. I need to cover here a local area only, but I'm also interested in dx'ing.
Greetings
Radio Latino
alfred
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not clear at all

Post by alfred »

It is not clear at all.
with low power it would be easy to get in the netherlands, but frequency needs to be clear, also wacht out on 9 mhz with aronautical and armey stuff.
, did try but huge broadcaster there

tip on frequency, if you want localy broadcasting you should think about medium wave
if you like dxing a little and want to have a change for good reception in other country's maybe 3.9 would be an option, localy pxing, dont use too high frequency's like 9 mhz.
www.alfalima.net
alfred.zoer [ad] straatklus.nl
Radio Latino

Re: Not clear at all

Post by Radio Latino »

alfred wrote:It is not clear at all.
with low power it would be easy to get in the netherlands, but frequency needs to be clear, also wacht out on 9 mhz with aronautical and armey stuff.
, did try but huge broadcaster there

tip on frequency, if you want localy broadcasting you should think about medium wave
if you like dxing a little and want to have a change for good reception in other country's maybe 3.9 would be an option, localy pxing, dont use too high frequency's like 9 mhz.
Thanks for suggestions Alfred...I do use also medium waves with isotron antenna ( a 300 watts transmitter is coming...the 20 watts is really too small and the antenna not very efficient )...not too much space for big dipoles here in center town...but around 9700-9990 seem too be a lot of space over here and It seems to be inside the broadcasting band, not out.
Happy new year.
Radio Latino
Oscar
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Radio Latino

Post by Oscar »

Just checked again and there is now a broadcast station on 7375 which was not there before. Can still hear the weak carrier on 7372.6 but I guess that is not you after all. If you are using an old surplus crystal or even a new one and the circuit conditions are different from the crystal specification the frequency could easily be off the nominal 7373 by that much.

If the station is working correctly 50 watts should get your signal from South to North Europe, but only when propagation conditions are good. I agree with Alfred that you should look for a clearer frequency though, and that for local coverage and ordinary listeners (not DX enthusiasts) Medium Wave is the best idea. Short Wave is about experimenting and changing if necessary, but that is the fun of it for both operators and listeners. I have often thought that something between 15 and 21 MHz from a high site like a hilltop or tower block would sort of give a combination of long skip and local coverage (like CB from a high transmission point does), but as it is Short Wave even your local listeners are going to be only radio enthusiasts. The best thing really is to run 2 or more transmitters I suppose.
Radio Latino

Re: Radio Latino

Post by Radio Latino »

Oscar wrote:Just checked again and there is now a broadcast station on 7375 which was not there before. Can still hear the weak carrier on 7372.6 but I guess that is not you after all. If you are using an old surplus crystal or even a new one and the circuit conditions are different from the crystal specification the frequency could easily be off the nominal 7373 by that much.

If the station is working correctly 50 watts should get your signal from South to North Europe, but only when propagation conditions are good. I agree with Alfred that you should look for a clearer frequency though, and that for local coverage and ordinary listeners (not DX enthusiasts) Medium Wave is the best idea. Short Wave is about experimenting and changing if necessary, but that is the fun of it for both operators and listeners. I have often thought that something between 15 and 21 MHz from a high site like a hilltop or tower block would sort of give a combination of long skip and local coverage (like CB from a high transmission point does), but as it is Short Wave even your local listeners are going to be only radio enthusiasts. The best thing really is to run 2 or more transmitters I suppose.
I confirm; today test on 7373 gave not good local coverage...at the moment I'm active on FM ( 80 watts professional tx and a vertical, with good coverage ), medium waves ( 20 watts and isotron antenna...very poor coverage...but I'm waiting for a bigger professional tx as I'm most interested in this band ) and sw with ham yaesu tx and self made dipole.
I do live in a building on the top of an hill, so, as you suggest in next weeks I'll try higher and more clear sw frequency....if I'll not be raided... :-)

Radio Latino
irish_dx
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Test?

Post by irish_dx »

Just looking through some old logs.

Did you test on the 18-6-06 on 7375 from 0900 - 1100 kHz SINPO in Ireland was 45444
and on the 25-6-06 on 7375 from 0855 - 0940 UTC with SINPO 34343?
Last edited by irish_dx on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

I I heard Radio Latino on November 4, 2005 on 7605 Khz and on January 9, 2006 on 7484 Khz, since I have no news, the DJ sent me a card QSL it is the first which was delivered and maybe the only one. I shall send soon Mail to the DJ for him asked if it returns on Waves.
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/