Microlog from Finland 13 February

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Jan II
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Microlog from Finland 13 February

Post by Jan II »

Hello all!

How strange this shortwave is! This weekend the 48 mb sounded like a bee. On sunday it was a little better before 0900, but later the bzzzz covered everything of interest. I thought is was because the sun is going crazy; http://www.solen.info/solar/ ,but then I saw that Dave in USA was listening to european stations so I guess I have to blaim the local weather here. -29 C this morning, very hot, about -26 at noon, now -28 again and sinking. Probably on the wrong side of -30 tomorrow... I think all kind of heating systems and electrical machines are causing this inferno on lower frequencies, or something else...

Sunday 13 February

6200 0819 Radio Oerang Utan was of course playing "Obladi oblada" in the programme with old pop. Gave the phonenumber some minutes later. 25232
6240 0841 Radio Caroline from Bogatynia playing a lot of discoteknodancefloorsongs. Prerecorded IDs between the songs. 25232

15070,4 0906 Cupid Radio became my housestation when the 48 mb had crashed. Strange rough sound in the beginning and suddenly off a few minutes later. On again around 0914 with a better signal and perfect sound. Mr Cupid also mentioned the reason for the break, the big amplifier died and he had to change to an other transmitter!!! :shock: Strange that the signal with this small amplifier was better than with the big one, S5 at 0906 and S7 after 0914. This was a test to "East continent", so the beam was pointing directly on me. At 0920 Cupid mentioned that the listener Squonky in Barcelona heard him with S 7-8, but not much reaction from Japan... At 0954 Cupid decided to change tactics and try to reach Africa as the signals seemed to get through in that direction. The beam was turned in direction south and my signal dropped from S7 to S5. The test ended at 1028 and sign off after some greetings to Artem in Moscow. Radio Blackbird is on a suntrip in Gambia and is listening down there. It shall be interesting to read his report about this test . :wink: 200 watts gave 35433

Receiver: NRD 525G
Antenna: outdoor wire, 20 metres cupper thrown out from the window.

Is there any life on the Island of Nowhere anymore? I miss the liveshows from JJ Clarence, Chris Ise & Co.

:beerparty:

Jan
Caroline
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Re: Microlog from Finland 13 February

Post by Caroline »

Hi Jan,

many, many thanks for your log of us at sunday morning
on 6240kcs !!! :D Power was about 80watts.

Greetings to you,
Radio Caroline International.
:veryhi
Pirates for peace