Pirate Report from Dunlo, PA, USA for 17 January 2010

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Pirate Report from Dunlo, PA, USA for 17 January 2010

Post by Dave Valko »

17 JANUARY 2010: We had very poor conditions. Signals just weren’t propagating well. There was a 5 mHz MUF between UK and Iceland. A good many static crashes too, probably from the storms in the SE. Would probably not have gone out if the weather wouldn't have been decent and Central R. Int. had not been testing. Signals were fading by 0945 and it didn’t look like it was going to improve at all, so I decided to reel in the antenna and head home.

RX: Microtelecom Perseus SDR with ARR preamp.
ANT: 315' Beverage (BOG) at 50°.
QTH: Pennsylvania State Game Lands #26
Duration: 0700-0950 UTC
Solar Indices: Solar Flux = 82 A Index = 1 K Index = 2 No storms.
WX: Cloudy. Comfortable 36° F. (2° C.)

4025 LHH End of unreadable anmnt at 0705 t/in, and into Dance-like mx. 0709 anmnt almost readable, break for laser shooting and ID jingle, more anmnts, and back to unrec. song. More of the same. (17 Jan)

5815.04 Orion R. Signal on at 0756:, and mx start at 0757:46. 0801 Percy Faith. 0804 canned ID, and mx. Weak signal. Like other stations, complete f/outs on occasion. 0838 really picked up nicely at this time. 0847 live ID, morning greetings. Birthday greetings to Erin Winter at 0856. 0906 canned e-mail addr in EG and GM. “Offshore Echosâ€

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
Radio Scotland
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Radio Scotland »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the log!
6202 khz at 08:37h was indeed R.S.I. also.
I want to start a show on this freq. while receiving no other signal at 6200-6220 at the time.
TX was already on a few minutes, then i saw on Ian's chat that Delta was on at 6205.
So i decided switch over to 6200.
Hope there was no interference to Delta! (5khz is not a big space really)

Greetings, Albert.
Jan II
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jan II »

Hello Dave and Albert!

I was following the situation around 6200-6205 for some minutes on Sunday morning.

R Scotland International on 6200 was the strongest free radio station this morning, :pirate-great: 45444 around 09.20 when "The house of the rising sun" ended and Mr Scotland was talking a little about his web-camera where you can see him transmitting and singing jingles...heh. A speciality at this moment was that his cat was going in to the transmitterbox :shock: How did this end Albert?

Radio Delta was also on the air on 6205,3. "West end girl" at 09.22, Pink Floyd "Comfortably numb" 0929, "Black Betty" at 0935 etc. Some problems with the very strong Scotland, but the usual "Delta Radio"-jingles came in OK. 32432 Delta was also on the air on Saturday, around 0839 on 6210,5 kHz.
And Dave; this is the other Radio Delta in Holland, not the very strong one. In ukdxer's addresslist this is the Delta in Elburg with an e-mailaddress. (The strong one that is more often on the air, can only be contacted by the Ruurlo-address. The strong Delta has been mostly active on mediumwave now, under the name Technical Man.)

Great music from both stations

:beerparty:

Jan
Radio Scotland
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Radio Scotland »

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your report!
The cat is ok! As all cats, this one is very curious too!
And you know what they saying: curiosity kills the cat!
The back of the TX is open, so contact to the power unit is possible.
But i did catch him on time.. :D

Sorry to see reception of Delta at 6205 was interfered by me.. :oops:
My TX is best working 6200-6220.
So when i had moved to 6210 it was not making any difference i presume.
6215 is not an option...best solution was R.S.I. on 6200 and Delta 6210.
At freq. around 6300 the TX is interfering the WIFI connection here.
Oh well...when the wether is getting better (warmer) i try to modified the antenna for 6300..

Greetings, Albert.
Joe K
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Joe K »

Hi Dave,

Due to TX problems didn't manage to get on air until 11.45 utc on Sunday. Dont blame you for packing up the conditions were a bit rubbish anyway.

Maybe better luck next time

Thanks

Joe

www.centralradio.info
Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Thanks

Post by Dave Valko »

Thanks for the info guys!! Much appreciated!! I don't think I heard the Elburg Delta R. since the 90's. I thought he was gone from SW. And thanks Albert for verifying your short 6202 transmission. Like to keep the logbook as accurate as possible. I'm sure your cat likes the warmth of the transmitter!!!

We'll see what propagation gives us this weekend. Thanks again.

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Dave, thanks for the log. I have never heard the Delta from Elburg and so far I don't know what happens to him, Altought Orion is only 5km away can't find out so far.