London Calling.

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

London Calling.

Post by Andy Richards »

I didn't hear much this weekend,but what I heard was very good.

Following on from a different thread on this website,the quality of the stations heard this weekend was very high.

I had a better signal than normal from Geronimo SW today.Dave has a love of the music he plays and presents an interesting and entertaining programme.

The Bogusman is a "One off".There is nobody quite like him on the
airwaves.Great stuff!

Radio Borderhunter had a better signal than he has had for quite a while with me.Still "Dropped out" for a few minutes here and there,but overall a good signal.Fun and interesting as usual.I really feel that Frans gives the listener a little of himself when he broadcasts.Quality.

Someone who always gives the listeners a lot of himself is Radio Spaceman!Always interesting and fun and what a signal!Major Tom is,without having to try too hard,a superb entertainer.

Frans and Major Tom come across on the air as very different characters yet they share several things in common.They are both superb entertainers,give a lot of themselves to the listeners,play a large mixture of music,some of which you may not like,but will usually be interesting,
and they both put out strong good quality signals.

But most importantly,they are both great fun and great Pirates!

Spaceman,Borderhunter & Bogusman are all on 76m as I post this,
catch them if you can...................

Dutchies,enjoy your day off tomorrow!!!!

Saturday 30/05/09

3920Khz - 2345-2350 - Radio Borderhunter - 45434 - Off at 2353 listening for a QSO.
3920Khz - 2353-2356 - Zender Saalandse Boer - 45434 - Report for Borderhunter.Muffled mic.
3920Khz - 2357-0003 - Radio Borderhunter - 45434 - Report back to Saalandse Boer.
4025Khz - 0758-0803 - Laser Hot Hits - 35433 - The Eagles.

Sunday 31/05/09

3900Khz - 1844-1849 - Radio Spaceman - 55434 - The Police - "So lovely" and "Roxanne" followed by a mix
of music.
3920Khz - 2110-2115 - Radio Borderhunter - 55434 - UFO - "Doctor,Doctor".
3945Khz - 2120-2125 - The Bogusman - 34333 - Indie Rock.
5810Khz - 0817-0822 - Radio Geronomo SW - 35332 - Dave Scott talking about AM Radio and saying that
they will have a more powerful TX soon.
5810Khz - 0845-0850 - Radio Geronimo SW - 35443 - Playing Bob Dylan.Closed at 0900?
6210Khz - 0745-0750 - Radio Borderhunter - 45343 - Faithless,Dutch & Belgian music.Pirate songs.
6210Khz - 0850-0855 - Radio Borderhunter - 45434 - "Mein Pappy ist ein Piraat".Closed at 0902 to have coffee
with his wife in the garden!

Andy Richards.
Borderhunter
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Borderhunter »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your logs and compliments.
Was reading with a red face. :oops:
And yes, a day off tomorrow. My wife will ask me again to come in the garden but then I must cut the grass Im afraid. :wink:
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Frans,

No need to feel embarassed.You and Spaceman are very good.
Maybe partly because you have both been doing it for so long and therefore know what you are doing,but also,as Axel says,your terrific signals help too.

But you have some very good "competition" too.
I didn't want to get dragged into naming stations because for every station I mention there will be another that I leave out.But I can't help it.....................this is my opinion only,I am sure other readers will have their own favorites.

In the "Personality" stakes I would also say that The Bogusman,Orion Radio and Radio Scotland come across very well too.

But there are many other very good stations,some with a lot less power,that are great for other reasons,like music,or presentation,or info.

Some of my favorites are;Radio Zodiac,Radio Brandaris,Magic AM,Radio Quintus,VOTN,Radio Saturnus,Radio Merlin Int and Radio Altrex.

And the big one's deserve a mention,by the big ones I mean the stations that put in the hours...........
Laser Hot Hits,Mystery Radio and Playback Radio Int.(WNKR in the past too,now on MW).

And some very good stations no longer on the air like;Radio Alfa Lima Int,Westcoast Radio,WMR,Radio Galaxy(UK),Radio London Underground and Radio Dr.Tim.

And even then there are all the stations that I haven't mentioned.Most of them are pretty good too.

So you see Frans,you may be "Top of the pile" in my opinion,but you have a lot of good company!!

All the best to all the SW Pirates,you all do a great job!

Andy Richards.