Help With An Old UNID.

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Help With An Old UNID.

Post by Dave Valko »

Anyone like to do some detective work??!! I'm sure some of you have a good collection of pirate material going back to the early 80's. I was just looking through one of my old log books and came across an UNID. European Pirate that I heard on Christmas morning 25 December 1982. The freq was 6280. I noted that from 0601-0701: "Dutch and some US Pop mx, tlk by lady and man in Dutch. Noted ment of meterband and though I heard ment of Gerona. Not able to pull out ID due to QRM and QSB. Have decent and fairly accurate amount of details though". I could probably find the actual 'details' notebook, and I might even have a snippet recorded in my tape library. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Hello Dave,

You can me sent an audio extract, I want indeed to help you in the identified.
But if you heard Gerona, I can confirm you that there was in this time a Dutch station of Gerona's name.
Friendships

Marcel/France
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/
Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Thanks for the offer!!

Post by Dave Valko »

Marcel, I think I knew about R. Gerona and saw that they had been on 6280, which is why I mentioned that it might be them in my log at that time. That was many years ago!! It would be nice to be able to identify it.

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA